Social Media Marketing: What’s the Big Deal?
There are one million new active users on social media every day. In 2017 alone, there were 2.80 billion social media users worldwide, equivalent to 37 percent penetration. This number is only going to grow. So, how do you successfully navigate the marketing world of social media?
Keep It Visual
As brands, we shouldn’t be surprised that visual content is 40 percent more likely to be shared on other forms of social media than other types of content. This likely has something to do that our brains process visual content 60 percent faster than text. Not to mention, our attention spans are increasingly becoming shorter; the average human attention span is 8 seconds and the average human attention span of an internet user is 3-5 seconds. (Just so you know, goldfish have an attention span of 9 seconds).
Tailor Your Messages
No surprise here, but it’s crucial to send the right message at the right time to the right group of people. If your target consists of adults 18-34 years old, this is especially relevant. Ninety-five percent of online adults in this age range will follow a brand on social media if they’re interested. Customers want to be able to interact with brands in real time. Use social media to answer questions and interact with your audience. And if you provide a positive user experience, people will take note. Seventy-one percent of consumers who had a positive experience will recommend it to others. Score!
What Can Your Brand Do?
Make your brand the star of your social media platforms.
- Quizzes and surveys help customers navigate what products and services best fit their needs.
- Interactive calculators help customers understand how you can help save them money and impact their bottom line.
- Infographics are a great way to display stats in an interesting way.
- User-generated content helps show how customers are currently interacting with your brand.
- GIFs and videos, because there aren’t many things millennials like more than a GIF to describe how they’re feeling.
If you don’t know where to start, EM Search Consulting can help make your brand stand out from the crowd. Contact us today to get started!